Interview w/ Stringjoy, Scott Marquart - EVERYTHING About GDG Tuning (Seagull Merlin)
I was lucky enough to have Scott Marquart from Stringjoy join me for a *very* in-depth discussion of strings.
There are a few common questions that get asked about Seagull Merlin so I thought what better way to answer them all be the string professionals and our partners based out of Nashville.
Some questions we answer for you.
1. Why can't I just retune my D Merlin to play in G?
2. Why do I have to change the strings on my Merlin (or any instrument) to play in G?
3. What's a bridge? How's that different from a saddle?
4. Why do I need a new Merlin bridge to play in G (in tune)?
5. What’s string tension and why does it matter?
Hooked? Want to know more?
Make use of our FREE song guides and cheat sheets
Our "Dulcimer Guitar Chords Cheat Sheet" is really useful, so I recommend you check it out and get strumming along on your stick dulcimer guitar.