Interview w/ Stringjoy, Scott Marquart - EVERYTHING About GDG Tuning (Seagull Merlin)
There are a few common questions that get asked about Seagull Merlin so I thought what better way to answer them all be the string professionals and our partners based out of Nashville.
Some questions we answer for you.
1. Why can't I just retune my D Merlin to play in G?
2. Why do I have to change the strings on my Merlin (or any instrument) to play in G?
3. What's a bridge? How's that different from a saddle?
4. Why do I need a new Merlin bridge to play in G (in tune)?
5. What’s string tension and why does it matter?
Hooked? Want to know more?
Make use of our FREE song guides and cheat sheets